I haven’t taken a Disney Cruise yet but I have been on several Royal Caribbean Cruises. I was talking to a cast member of Disney Cruise line this morning and was asking her the difference between the two and she shared a bunch of information with me. She said she just got off a Royal Caribbean cruise so it was all fresh in her mind.
Here are some things that Disney Cruise ships have:
- Full Movie Theater
- No Fees for movies in your staterooms with 175 to choose from – Royal Caribbean charges $12 per movie.
- They have a 24 hour beverage machine on the pool deck. This is HUGE! Royal Caribbean you have to purchase a drink cart or pay for each one. Very EXPENSIVE!
- They have fireworks at sea – on the night of Pirate Night there is a deck party up on the pool deck and they shoot off fireworks. Disney Cruise line is the ONLY cruise line that has fireworks at sea.
- The rooms on Disney ships are bigger.
- The kids programs are SO MUCH better.
- You rotate in 3 different restaurants each night (now adult only restaurants are extra) – Royal Caribbean you stay in the same restaurant unless you pay to go to a different one.
- There is a 24 hour ICE CREAM machine!
- OH! I cannot forget that the 2 newest ships (Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy) have the first ever AquaDuck – water coaster at sea! I cannot wait to get on this!
I am sure there are more differences but these are just a few to get you started. Yes, a Disney Cruise may be more expensive than a Royal Caribbean cruise but given all the extras it is worth it. I look forward to taking my next cruise on Disney!