Walt Disney World Food!
Back in February 2012 our family decided that we were going to go to Walt Disney World! What time of year we were not sure so we went to a travel service. As I am sitting there, talking to the travel agent about tickets she informs me that included with our Walt Disney World package we will be on the DDP, a DD WHAT? I put our room on hold & go on our merry way. Having no clue as to what this DDP thing is I get onto the Disney website & ask one of the live chat cast members who points me in the right direction. A DDP is short for Disney Dinging Plan. How it works, when you book your vacation you say what DDP you would like & you pay a set price, lets say $40 a day per person. DDP can save you a Minimum of 10% per person on dining at Disney.
The DDP has five kinds of plans:
· Magic Your Way Package Quick- Service Dinging
· Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining
· Magic Your Way Package Plus Deluxe Dining
· Magic Your Way Premium Package Dining
· Magic Your Way Platinum Package Dining
The food on these plans start at the Magic Your Way Quick-Service Dining that is 2 quick-service meals & trust me your meal is not cheap or small, 1 snack per person per night. You also get a mug you can refill at any quick-service restaurant & at your Disney Resort hotel. & The DDP ends at the
Magic Your Way Platinum Package Dining which you can click here Platinum Plan to see what it includes.
Now that we have discovered what the DDP is & that we have the Plus Dining package it’s time to make reservations! Sadly a lot of where we wanted to eat was booked but we got lucky on other places. We booked the following places:
50’s Primetime Cafe
Tony’s Town Square
1900 Park Fare
So we finally get to the point of this blog! Walt Disney World Food! The first place we got to eat at was ‘Ohana located in the Polynesian & man it was yummy. Our dinner, which was a family all you can eat, came out in this order:
1. A large salad with a Honey Lemon dressing. It was green leafy goodness. When eating, don’t fill up on the green, you will regret it!
2. Hawaiian/Asian style wings, the wings were so juicy and the sauce they were covered in was finger licking good! Pot-stickers, also so good a little tough on the edges but really good. Mixed vegetables, all ways a good thing. And low mien noodles, A little/lot oily but good I think I would have to put them in my two favorite appetizers for this meal.
3. All meats for dinner were brought out on huge skewers: Grilled chicken w/Peanut Sauce, a little dry but the flavor was good. Grilled Pork Chops w/ sweet and sour sauce, my husband is a pork snob and it blew him out of the water! And then came the Steak, this steak was insanely good and was medium rare, perfect for everyone.
4. And for the finale, the Pineapple/Coconut Bread Pudding…. it was epic! SOoo very Om nom, nom!
During our meal at ‘Ohana we got to see the firework show over the Magic Kingdom they turned down the lights & played the music to the firework show for everyone to hear. They also had the children get up and dance around the restaurant. It was a perfect ending to a perfect day at Walt Disney World!
A little bit about me:
My Name is Alyssa, I am a mother of a 7 year old boy & the wife of a man who proudly serves the US in it’s Army. I am from CA the home of “The Happiest Place On Earth”. My first Disney trip was when my mom was six months pregnant with me. And from then on once to twice a year for 27 years we have made the long trek to Disneyland or even Walt Disney World. I am a Disney addict, my whole family are Disney addicts : ) We live, breath, bleed Disney : ) I love doing crafts of all kinds, & teaching our son through Disney.